Yesterday, The Lotus and the Artichoke – Vegan Cookbook on Kickstarter passed the initial funding goal of $6500 and sped on to 105% funding. Currently, we’re at 108%… and going strong!
UPDATE October 10: We’re now over 200% funded and have less than 24 hours to reach our final goal of $14,000!
Words can hardly express my excitement and intense gratitude. That’s why I made this little painting for the occasion!
Because we’ve gotten our initial amount in pledges, the project is a definite GO, the first printing of the cookbook is possible. We still have another 19 days to bring in more funds for our extended goals. There’s still time for more pre-orders of the cookbook and selecting other cool rewards and project perks.
SUCCESS! GOAL: $8,000 – GET STICKY!
- All rewards at $25 and above will include a pack of 8 awesome, artsy The Lotus and the Artichoke stickers.
- Starting Now: Any backer who increases their pledge $3 or more also gets a sticker pack!
SUCCESS! GOAL: $10,000 – ÜBER-VEG!
- I will add 5 new, vegan German recipes to the cookbook
- This chapter will be included in the first edition of the cookbook and ebook scheduled to ship in December 2012.
- A bigger, better cookbook with even more delicious recipes, mouth-watering photos, fun stories, and cool art.
- All rewards to German addresses will get FREE shipping.
- Already added shipping? I’ll give you some great extras so you’re über-happy!
SUCCESS! GOAL: $12,000 – BANGKOK & BEYOND!
- I will add 5 new, vegan Southeast Asian recipes to the cookbook. More fun from my travels and culinary adventures in Thailand, Vietnam, and Cambodia.
- These recipes will be included in the first edition of the cookbook and ebook scheduled to ship in December 2012.
- The cookbook gets even better, even tastier, and even bigger!
GOAL: $14,000 – DAS KOCHBUCH!
- We can fund the first printing of the cookbook and publication of the ebook in German. German editions will be available and shipped in March 2013.
- All backers who choose a reward including an English copy of the cookbook (or ebook!) can also receive the German ebook FREE.
- Any backer who selects a reward including a printed English cookbook can also get a printed copy of the German cookbook, if they increase their pledge by $15 or more.
- New reward options for existing backers who want German cookbooks!
If you’re wondering what in the world this is all about, perhaps it’s because you haven’t visited the Kickstarter project page or seen my last post on the Kickstarter launch. Take a look and find out more about how the cookbook project and first printing is being funded.
And don’t worry, if none of this business and promotion stuff is your cup of tea… Very soon I’ll be back to posting more recipes inspired by my world travels and wild adventures and experiments in the kitchen.
I also had a guest-post at Scissors & Spice featuring a vegan North Indian Dum Aloo recipe, which will soon find a home on this site… and in the cookbook.