Visit Kickstarter to pre-order: http://kck.st/2TE62bO
My first book has been a bestseller for almost eight years, but ever since the sequels came out, I’ve wanted to go back and massively upgrade the visuals on the original book: to re-do the cover artwork and re-shoot most of the food photos.
After publishing 5 other books and spending additional years in the kitchens of the world, I knew I could improve the recipes, add outstanding dishes that didn’t make it into the first versions, and bring more culinary authenticity and cultural awareness to the entire book.
The newly updated, re-photographed and freshly illustrated edition of The Lotus and the Artichoke – Vegan Recipes from World Adventures is my classic, first journey in the world of vegan cookbooks reimagined and upgraded. It’s my tribute to powerful memories, awesome individuals, and fantastic meals that I’ve made, found, and shared with countless others like you.
I’ve wanted to re-create my first cookbook for years, but the opportunity didn’t really arise until the surprises and challenges that have been this monster of a year, 2020.
You see, I’d planned to return to Japan and continue my adventures from late 2019. Ultimately, now, I’d be wrapping up The Lotus and the Artichoke – JAPAN. But when Corona hit, not only did it cancel nearly all my events and most of my income, like for so many people, lockdowns and border closures meant drastic changes not just daily life but to our travel plans as well.
The struggle to return to a form of life that is more predictable and free has been different for all of us. As life has become more routine and restricted, our travels have been more in our minds and through the eyes of others–- through art, music, video and social media.
A big part of my own escape these last months has been getting into the kitchen and diving back into my first cookbook – revisiting the intense dishes, unforgettable places and global flavors that shaped my life and projects over the last eight years.
I’ve cooked for the family, for friends, and for neighbors. Hopefully opportunities for more lunch and dinner parties and big cooking events will shape up soon!
NEW in Vegan Recipes from World Adventures 2.0:
- brand NEW cover art & illustration!
- NEW introduction & kitchen info!
- more travel stories!
- 8+ totally NEW recipes (not found in earlier editions!)
- 70+ newly photographed dishes!
- 100+ updated & improved recipes!
- better recipe names with respect to cultures & inspirations
- 8+ additional pages of adventures & travels!
As with all 6 of my cookbooks, I have written, illustrated, cooked, photographed and designed this book myself. The Lotus and the Artichoke is the ultimate combination of my passions: art, travel, vegan cooking, and photography.
- My fully updated and re-envisioned first cookbook of vegan recipes inspired by my travels, stays with families, and cooking in the kitchens of restaurants worldwide
- 224 pages with 100+ recipes and over 90 full-page color photos
- Personal stories, art, and recipes inspired by my travels and culinary adventures in over 50 countries.
- Great for cooks of all levels, from beginner to advanced: Recipes use easy-to-find ingredients
- Delicious, easy-to-follow recipes designed to satisfy and impress eaters of all ages, tastes, and minds
- Available in ENGLISH… und auch auf DEUTSCH!
Recipes in Vegan Recipes from World Adventures 2.0
- Salade a la Montréal arugula, pears, walnuts & lemon dressing
- Lower East Side Salad avocado and tomatoes on quinoa & carrot ginger dressing
- Jersey Summer Salad spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, walnuts & raspberry dressing
- Pancakes American breakfast classic
- Waffles *NEW*
- French Toast another American breakfast classic
- Tofu Scramble with mixed vegetables
- Omelette *NEW*
- North End Pasta Spaghetti & Vegan Meatballs with red sauce
- Ithaca Mac & Cheeze baked casserole
- TLT Tempeh Lettuce Tomato sandwich
- Black Bean Burgers 90’s style classic burgers
- Three Bean Chili with assorted vegetables
- Mango Pear Crumble with ginger & cinnamon
- Roasted Walnut Brownies double chocolate delight
- Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Cookies American classic
- Guacamole Latin American avocado dip
- Salsa Latin American spicy tomato dip
- Cold Sesame Noodles Chinese dim-sum classic
- Wontons Chinese steamed dumplings with soy ginger dipping sauce
- Congee savory rice porridge *NEW*
- Horenso Goma-ae Japanese chilled sesame spinach
- Miso Soup Japanese classic with tofu
- Teriyaki Tempeh Japanese stir-fry with vegetables
- General Tso’s Chicken Cantonese classic
- Sesame Ginger Tofu Chinese fusion
- Tom Kha Thai coconut soup with tofu & vegetables
- Pad Thai rice noodles with tofu, crushed peanuts & lime
- Pad Horapa Makua Thai stir-fry with eggplant, basil, tofu & cashews
- Bai Cha Cambodian fried rice with smoked tofu & vegetables
- Gói Cuôn Vietnamese fresh spring rolls with ginger peanut sauce
- Pho Vietnamese noodle soup with smoked tofu & vegetables
- Banh Mi Vietnamese seitan sandwich
- Mirza Ghasemi Persian eggplant
- Gajar Masala grated carrots with pineapple, dates & cashews
- Aloo Raita Indian potatoes and cucumbers in yogurt
- Poha Indian flattened rice with potatoes & spices
- Gobi Tikka Indian baked marinated cauliflower
- Pakoras Indian spinach fritters with apple tamarind chutney
- Masoor Dal North Indian red lentils
- Chole Bhature Indian chickpeas with fried flatbread
- Hyderabadi Biryani South Indian rice dish
- Dhokla South Indian savory steamed chickpea cake
- Masala Dosa South Indian crêpe with spicy potato filling
- Sambar South Indian vegetable & lentil stew
- Coconut Coriander Chutney South Indian condiment
- Paneer Makhani North Indian tomato curry with tofu paneer
- Mutter Paneer North Indian peas with tofu paneer
- Palak Paneer North Indian spinach with tofu paneer
- Navratan Korma North Indian creamy vegetable curry
- Vegetable Jalfrezi North Indian spicy mixed vegetables
- Dal Makhani North Indian creamy bean curry
- Sindhi Bhindi Masala North Indian okra
- Bengan Bhartha North Indian eggplant
- Chilli Paneer Indo-Chinese tofu paneer
- Vegetable Manchurian Indo-Chinese dumplings
- Halva Indian semolina sweet
- Saffron Mango Lassi Indian yogurt shake
- Naan North Indian flatbread
- Nariyal Chaval South Asian coconut rice
- Haldi Chaval North Indian golden rice with turmeric
- Jeera Chaval North Indian rice with cumin seeds
- Plasas & Fufu Gambian spinach peanut stew with mashed cassava
- Koshary Egyptian pasta, lentils & rice with red sauce & fried onions *NEW*
- Tanjine Moroccan stew with couscous *NEW*
- Mombasa Red Curry with sweet potatoes & tofu
- Ful Medames North African spicy bean dip *NEW*
- Hummus North African & Middle Eastern chickpea spread
- Buka Nigerian stew mushrooms and soy meats *NEW*
- Jollof Senegalese seasoned rice *NEW*
- Endive Sprout Boats with sesame soy dressing
- Field Greens & Seared Apples with chickpea ginger parsley dressing
- Borscht Russian beet soup
- Blintzes Russian-Ukrainian crêpes
- Gazpacho cold tomato & cucumber soup
- Carrot Ginger Zucchini Soup classic & creamy
- Roasted Root Vegetables with rosemary & spices
- Rotkohl German stewed red cabbage
- Kartoffelpuffer German potato pancakes with homemade applesauce
- Semmelknödel Bavarian bread dumplings
- Auflauf German zucchini & potato casserole
- Zwiebelkuchen German baked flatbread with onions & smoked tofu
- Schnitzel Austrian-style breaded bean cutlets
- Käsespätzle Swiss-German noodles with leeks & cheeze sauce
- Tofu Mushroom Stroganoff with fresh herbs
- Quiche French savory pie
- Cashew Mushroom Risotto with sun-dried tomatoes
- Lasagna with smoked tofu, zucchini & mushrooms
- Tempeh Stuffed Mushrooms with garlic & herbs
- Stuffed Peppers with tomato rice & smoked tofu
- Spinach & White Beans with sun-dried tomatoes & herbs
- Vegan Meat Pies with lentils & vegetables
- Turkish Bulgar Pilaf with Tofu-Feta & fresh herbs
- Grah Balkan bean stew with seitan
- Gibanica Balkan cheese pie
- Bratäpfel baked apples stuffed with dates, figs & walnuts
- Apfelstrudel Austrian-German apple pastry
- Lebkuchen traditional German Christmas cookies
- Tarte au Citron French lemon pie
- Mandeltorte German-Swedish almond pie
The Lotus and the Artichoke – World Adventures from World Adventures 2.0, my updated, re-photographed & illustrated original cookbook is only available for pre-order on Kickstarter for 21 days!